Summer 2021 COVID Safety Protocols
As of April 22nd, these are the planned protocols for camps and classes:
- If being dropped off, students will remain in their cars until it is their turn to check in (cars will line up in the parking lot).
- A LIT staff member will address the parental unit in the car at the drop-off point.
- If arriving/driving themselves, students will park and line up outside the front doors with 6' between them.
- Each student will enter 1 at a time, after being checked in by a LIT Staff Member.
- All faculty, staff, and students will use hand sanitizer and get their temperature checked at the time of check-in/arrival.
- Everyone will remain masked at all times.
- Doors will be kept open for air flow.
- If possible, some time will be spent outside on the patio side of the theatre, or behind the 2nd rehearsal space (if safe).
- Bathrooms will sanitized before and after each use.
- Students will only be able to use the bathroom one at a time.
- Students will be seated throughout the theatre or 2nd rehearsal space with 6' between them, of have marked spaces on the stage for them to stand/sit.
- Only 2-3 people will be on stage or rehearsal stage at 1 time - also with over 6' between them.
- Plexiglass will be between anyone within 6' of each other (i.e. the Puppet stage).
- Those coming from the same household may sit/stand together.
As time progresses and Pierce County moves into new Phases, we will update our protocols based on recommendations by the CDC and the Public Health Department.
Both the Director of Education (Deborah L Armstrong) and LIT's Production Manger (Abigail Shedd) will be enrolling in the CCO Certificate & COVID Safety Training course to become COVID Compliance Officers and be educated as responsible team members during the pandemic. Once they have completed the training, the Safety Protocols may be updated.